Idol Room (Hangul: 아이돌룸) is a South Korean television program which airs on JTBC every Tuesday at 18:30 (KST), and is currently hosted by Jeong Hyeong-don and Defconn. The program is inspired by JTBC Newsroom, and it is produced in order to be the most trusted program among idols.
|May 12, 2018 – June 30, 2018||Saturdays at 4:40 PM KST|
|July 3, 2018 – present||Tuesdays at 6:30 PM KST|
Currenylt the host of IDOL ROOM are
- Jeong Hyeong-don (Don Hee)
- Defconn (Con Hee)
The current studio set is a small beige coloured room with a tall portrait screen at the back, first used in episode 9. The former studio set used from episodes 1 to 8 was a wide black room with a large landscape screen at the background.
For the Family Visit Special episodes, like the Summer Vacation Special episode, Don Hee and Con Hee will go outdoors, visiting entertainment companies.
- Today’s Pick-dol Close-up Camera: All guests lie down surrounding the roulette that has a camera attached at the centre. The roulette is spun and the 1 person who is captured when it stopped spinning is picked as today’s Pick-dol. Fancams of every corner focused on the Pick-dol will be uploaded on the Idol Room’s Naver V Live channel after the episode has finished its broadcasting.
- Nano Dance: All members of the group will dance to their latest title song together first, then at the killing part each member dances to his/her own individual part one by one while the rest of the members stop moving, after that they will continue to the next part together. If the week’s guest is only 1 person, the Nano Dance will be either:
- Repeat the same killing part 3 times: once with only the face moving, once with only the upper body moving, and once with only the lower body moving.
- Showing different sides of the guest while repeating the same killing part.
- Fact Check: A corner to check on whether the news, rumours or theses about the individual members or the whole group are true or not. Before the recording of each episode, a notice would be put up on the Idol Room’s Naver V Live channel to gather questions. There is an alternate version of Fact Check, called Live Fact Check, where the show would receive questions through a live stream instead of a notice.
- My Idol’s Guinness: All guests will challenge for a new type of Guinness Record.
- One Column Dance: All guests stand in one column and dance to the mission song(s), showing the synchronisation between all members of the group.
- 357 Dance: Any number (from zero to all members of the group) will be called out by Don Hee at any random timing while the mission song is played. The corresponding number of members will move to the middle of the studio and dance to the mission song.
- Attention Dance: All guests set themselves in the position of at attention and dance to the mission song(s), without moving their arms.
- N.C.N Dance: Acronym for “When Number is Called Find the Camera With the Number Dance”, also known as “Bun Bul Bun Dan” (Hangul: 번불번댄); Don Hee will call out any camera number from 1 to 6 at any random timing and all guests will have to move in front of the numbered camera and dance in front of the camera, marking it as the centre.
- To Me Letter: A special corner wherein all guests will each film video messages to their past selves in their debut year.